Thursday 17 January 2013

Integration

Integration :
                    This presentation concerns integration. I am not going to go through a long set of difficult manipulative examples, rather I want to raise important (as I see them) points I hope this will help people when preparing work programs and assessment instruments.
Until one does problems with applications in applied areas, the extension to topics in Mathematics C which concern integration will most likely concern freer use of the log, exponential and trigonometric functions, so a lot of what is here is relevant to Mathematics C too.
I want to make some points about
• indefinite integrals
• the definite integrals
• what is area
• the fundamental theorem of calculus
• simple substitution
• numerical integration
• manipulation packages

No comments:

Post a Comment